Heart Rate Monitors for measuring the pulse – Best in 2019
A heart rate monitor measures your own heart rate via the sensor and can thus help to improve the efficiency of the training. A heart rate monitor can work with chest strap . Without a chest strap , the sensor is often installed in a wristband or ECG watch . Evaluations are made via an app, such as Runtastic . Thus, the heart can be checked exactly as if you were in a hospital. How the heart rate monitor works and what a heart rate watch can do, you can see in the heart rate monitor test
- 1 Heart Rate Monitor Test: The Ranking
- 1.1 1st place: Beurer PM 25 heart rate monitor
- 1.2 2nd place: BerryKing Heartbeat Bluetooth
- 1.3 3rd place: YAMAY fitness tracker with heart rate monitor
- 1.4 4th place: Alwaiiz Fitness Tracker bracelet
- 1.5 5th place: HolyHigh fitness activity tracker
- 1.6 6th place: Lintelek Fitness Tracker bracelet
- 1.7 Seat 7: AGPTEK Fitness Tracker Bracelet Watch
- 2 Guides: Questions to consider before buying a heart rate monitor
- 2.1 What is a heart rate monitor?
- 2.2 What methods are available to measure the heart rate?
- 2.3 What is a heart rate monitor measures ?
- 2.4 How does a heart rate monitor measure the heartbeats?
- 2.5 The technology behind the heart rate monitor
- 2.6 Heart rate monitors are ideal tools for everyday life or for sports
- 3 FAQ – Frequently asked questions
Heart Rate Monitor Test: The Ranking
1st place: Beurer PM 25 heart rate monitor
Beurer PM 25 heart rate monitor, with chest strap, training range, calorie consumption, fat burning
2nd place: BerryKing Heartbeat Bluetooth
Heartbeat Dual Heart Rate Ant + Bluetooth Low Energy Real Time + Free Ebook – Compatible with Garmin Wahoo Polar RUNTASTIC STRAVA ENDOMONDO TomTom iPhone Chest Strap
3rd place: YAMAY fitness tracker with heart rate monitor
YAMAY Fitness Wristband, Waterproof IP68 Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor 0.96 Inch Color Display Activity Tracker Fitness Watch Smartwatch Heart Rate Monitor Fitness Wristband Pedometer Watch for Men Ladies
4th place: Alwaiiz Fitness Tracker bracelet
alwaiiz Fitness Tracker, Waterproof Fitness Wristband Color Monitor Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor Pedometer Sleep Monitor Fitness Watch Sports Watch for Women Men Kids (Black)
5th place: HolyHigh fitness activity tracker
Muzili Fitness Bracelet Waterproof Fitness Tracker Sport Wristband Touch Screen Fitness Wrist Watch with Pedometer / Sleep Monitor / Call Message Notification for Kids Women Men
6th place: Lintelek Fitness Tracker bracelet
Lintelek Fitness Tracker Fitness Wristband Fitness Watch Pedometer Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor Sleep Monitor IP67 Waterproof Call SMS Notifications
Seat 7: AGPTEK Fitness Tracker Bracelet Watch
Fitness Tracker, Waterproof Fitness Smart Wrist Watch with Heart Rate Monitor, Pedometer Fitness Watch Heart Rate Monitor Sleep Monitor Calorie Counter, Heart Rate Monitor, Call Reminder, Rose Gold by AGPTEK
# 8: Willful fitness wristband with heart rate monitor
Willful Fitness Bracelet, Waterproof IP67 Smartwatch Fitness Tracker Fitness Watch Heart Rate Monitor Pedometer Watch Womens Mens Activity Tracker with Vibrating Alert Call SMS Whatsapp for iOS Android Phone
Guides: Questions to consider before buying a heart rate monitor
What is a heart rate monitor?
A heart rate monitor measures the number of heartbeats per time interval, usually per minute, by means of a sensor and can thus be used to improve the training.
Especially during sports, the frequency of the heartbeat varies considerably depending on the load, which in turn allows conclusions about the efficiency of training.
The sensor of the knife typically measures the pulse at the vein in the wrist. (Source: 123rf.com / Aleksey Boldin)
The heart rate monitor measures the beats of the heart. This information is then forwarded to the user via a user interface. A chest strap usually uses a heart rate watch to indicate to the user the number of heartbeats per time interval.
If only one clock is used to measure the heartbeat , then a sensor is used which measures the pulse at the wrist. Subsequently, the information is evaluated directly on the device. If necessary, this evaluation can also indicate the calorie consumption.
The best results are achieved with direct heart rate sensors, which already measure during the exercise of the sport and not only after the end of the activity.
What methods are available to measure the heart rate?
Measurement by chest strap
When measuring the heart rate using the chest strap, it is placed underneath the chest.He measures the heart rate via two skin electrodes.
Bluetooth then establishes a wireless connection between the strap and a fitness wristband or watch indicating the heart rate.
Measurement by finger pressure
This measuring principle does not differ significantly from the method with the chest strap. An electrode is located on the top and bottom of a fitness wristband. By placing one’s finger on the sensor, the electrode is activated and the heart rate can be measured.
In comparison, these heart rate monitors are the cheapest option, but the measurement method is only selective and is not suitable for permanent use.
Measurement on the wrist
One of the more modern ways to measure heart rate is by using a heart rate monitor that uses a sensor to measure the pulse at the wrist. There is a sensor on the back of the watch that records the frequency of the heartbeat.
The optical blood flow measurement
In optical blood flow measurement, a sensor attached to the inside of the fitness wristband measures the light reflectance of the skin via an optical measurement technique.
Depending on how much you exercise, a different amount of blood flows under the skin per time interval. This leads to optical changes.
This measurement method is also suitable for measuring over a longer period of time and is one of the more precise methods. In optical blood flow measurement, the heart rate can be measured throughout the day.
What is a heart rate monitor measures ?
Anyone who buys a heart rate monitor – whether smartwatch or a simple fitness bracelet – usually also gets a heart rate monitor . These are loud heart rate test around a sensor that can measure the frequency of the heart. Especially in sports, the frequency changes with increasing load very strong, which in turn can give conclusions about the efficiency of training . The heart is an indicator of how efficient you really are.
High calorie consumption, for example, is not always achieved at the highest heart rate . Often enough here according to experience and reviews a lower heart rate. Recommendations about optimal frequencies are often provided by referrals from other athletes. Also reviews can provide information about it.
The heart rate monitor measures the beats of the heart . This information is then given to the user via a user interface. A chest strap usually uses a heart rate watch. If the watch works as a self-contained heart rate watch with wrist sensor, information is evaluated directly on the device. The evaluation then shows you the calorie consumption . According to the evaluations, this evaluation can be supported by adding GPS as a signal . Very good and best results are achieved with active heart rate sensors, which measure during the sport and not only after the activities.
How does a heart rate monitor measure the heartbeats?
Basically, the technique is always the same. Nevertheless, manufacturers are using different approaches to how the sensor is installed in a heart rate watch. For example, if you use an iPhone , additional accessories are often needed here. The heart rate monitor from Polar , Garmin or Sigma is installed directly in the device. Often, even here is not a separate app , such as Runtastic used.
- The sensor with the finger: This is an older technique, which is currently used in classic heart rate monitors . The heart rate monitor is located on top of the heart rate watch. The sensor there measures the heartbeats by placing a finger on the sensor. The thumb should not be used here, as according to experience the thumb has its own pulse. In the price comparison, these sensors are very cheap and cheap. If you want to buy a heart rate monitor, you should compare the offers in the shop – here are the best prices.
- The heart rate watch with chest strap: Many manufacturers, such as Oregoan, Crane or Energetics have watches that do not have a sensor of their own. Lifetec, Ant or CicloSport also offer such chest straps that are connected to the heart rate monitor via Bluetooth so that the pulse can still be measured. The chest strap fits snugly against the chest and measures the pulse as you move. Often, however, such a chest strap is perceived as disturbing. Especially with longer tours outdoors, the chest strap can slip.
- The sensor on the wrist: The most modern way of measuring the frequency is the heart rate watch with sensor on the wrist. Especially the fitness bracelet or the ECG clock will be equipped with such sensors. The sensor is mounted on the back of the watch. According to the heart rate monitor, such a heart rate monitor works very precisely and is not noticed when worn. The technique is so small that it does not stand out when wearing it. Only the design of the clock could be perceived as annoying according to reviews. Here it depends on the model of the manufacturer. The best models are available from Fitbit or Jawbone, for example. Often manufacturers work with known operating systems, such as iOS or Android.
The technology behind the heart rate monitor
As already mentioned, the heart rate monitors always work on the same principle. How does a heart rate monitor or a heart rate watch work in practice though? The heart emits an electrical signal each time during the beating. This signal triggers loud heart rate test a so-called contraction . The contraction can in turn be measured by means of sensors. This works only if the heart rate monitor is tight . For this reason, chest straps work very well. An internal motor or processor then ensures that the resulting signal can be continuously measured. This technique is then applied to an EGK watch that uses an active heart rate monitor.
The advantage of such a measurement is that it can be determined how high your own frequency is and how the heart can be used for training . Experts speak of different heart rate zones . So there are pulse areas in which the calorie consumption is best stimulated. But there are also areas where the heart is strengthened – just runners benefit from this zone.
Tip! In interval training, a zone is reached in which the muscles are strengthened, but at the same time the fat is burned. Which zone is ideal for training should always be discussed with an expert. Beginners should start training slowly so as not to overwhelm the heart.
Advantages and disadvantages of a heart rate monitor
- ideal for keeping track of heart rate during exercise
- often compatible with apps
- Results can then be conveniently evaluated in this case
- with Brusgurt or as a sensor in the wrist
- determine different heart rate zones
- Monitoring your own fitness
- not all models are waterproof
Heart rate monitors are ideal tools for everyday life or for sports
The heart rate monitor test shows that heart rate monitors are not only useful in sports, but also find use in everyday life . In sports, the sensor is used to determine the different heart rate zones to optimize the workout. In everyday life, the heart rate watch can be worn to determine the calorie consumption of everyday things . Often, seeing one’s own pulse has a motivating function. Anyone who can see the pulse at any time and can always determine how many calories are burned, will inevitably do more to ensure that more calories are consumed – so say the reviews and reviews in the shop. Offers can be ordered cheaply and cheaply in the shop. Do the price comparison to find Vergleichssieger winners who score top marks in the Testbericht-Zusammenfassungen . Important manufacturers are Polar, TomTom, Crane, Garmin or Sigma.
|particularities||specializing in high quality cycle computers and heart rate monitors with many functionsvery popular with cyclists||offer cheap fitness accessories through discount storesformerly belongs to the company W + K from Hamburg||Provider of heart rate monitors and NavisMusic can be heard with some heart rate monitors|
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
Which are the best or most popular products?
Currently the following products are particularly popular in the category “heart rate monitor”:
- 1st place: Garmin Forerunner 235 WHR
- 2nd place: Samsung Gear Fit 2
- 3rd place: Beurer PM 90
- 4th place: Polar RS300X sd
- 5th place: Suunto Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire HR
- 6th place: Garmin vívoactive HR Sport
- 7th place: Fitbit Blaze
- 8th place: Beurer PM 25th
- 9th place: Garmin vívofit 2
- 10th place: Sigma PC 3.11
Heart Rate Monitors for measuring the pulse - Best in 2019
A heart rate monitor measures your own heart rate via the sensor and can thus help to improve the efficiency of the training. A heart rate monitor can wor